Reading Challenge 2012 Other than Lesbian Fiction

The LFF's Book Club. We read and discuss books nominated by members. Join in by asking to have your name added to the list of challenges. We encourage frank and open discussions and expressions of opinions. Any aspect of the books is fair game.

Moderators: FranW, ElaineB

Re: Reading Challenge 2012 Other than Lesbian Fiction

Postby Baker » 09 Jul 2012, 14:54

:scratch: I'm trying to imagine a crazed British woman returning from her holiday in Portugal attempting to take over an aeroplane using an iron tea light holder.

Clearly, I'm not nearly as imaginative as your average airline security person. Which is sad, then you think about it. You'd think a decent-sized hardback book would be more of a weapon...

(Incidentally, Jo, it did not pass unnoticed that you completely ignored the incredibly light and convenient ebook option... ;) )
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Postby gill » 09 Jul 2012, 19:23

I wouldn't push the ebooks if I were you. Not after that subliminal message about pointed weaponry. :hide:
gill
Lively participant
Lively participant

Postby Nurse Jo » 09 Jul 2012, 19:29

The security woman was very nice and actually let me board with the tealight holders. She said she shouldn't but I guess worked out that I would have to get my case down from the overhead lockers, rummage through it and then stand up and look menacing. She used her discretion and commonsense. That used to happen in the UK but in the last few years the security people at ground level have all become automatons without the ability to think for themselves.

As for the e-books, well, I keep trying but just can't seem to enjoy them. Plus we only have one e-reader and Sue has all her books on there. Maybe I should get one of my own, maybe I'd use it then...
There is nothing the British like better than a bloke who comes from nowhere, makes it, and then gets clobbered. Melvyn Bragg
Nurse Jo
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Lt Sue » 09 Jul 2012, 20:06

There will be no shopping in Portugal this time around... :no:
A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.
Lt Sue
Enthusiatically participating
Enthusiatically participating

Postby Proofrdr » 10 Jul 2012, 02:59

I'm shocked, Sue. I didn't think that was ever a valid option! :snigger:
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby gill » 10 Jul 2012, 03:17

Proofrdr wrote:I'm shocked, Sue. I didn't think that was ever a valid option! :snigger:

It's as if we don't know these people!
gill
Lively participant
Lively participant

Postby wildlx » 10 Jul 2012, 06:50

2nd Lt Sue wrote:There will be no shopping in Portugal this time around... :no:

rofl
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby wildlx » 10 Jul 2012, 06:50

Proofrdr wrote:I'm shocked, Sue. I didn't think that was ever a valid option! :snigger:

lol
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Nurse Jo » 10 Jul 2012, 07:05

Ah, I have no fear. Wildlx and I are a considerable force to be reckoned with, even by a 2nd Lt ;) . Wildlx just says "Ah Sue, let her shop." and it is so. Something like that anyway.
There is nothing the British like better than a bloke who comes from nowhere, makes it, and then gets clobbered. Melvyn Bragg
Nurse Jo
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Baker » 10 Jul 2012, 08:09

Nurse Jo wrote:Ah, I have no fear. Wildlx and I are a considerable force to be reckoned with, even by a 2nd Lt ;) .

I can well believe this to be so--even if neither you nor Wild brandish tealight holders with pointed bits.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Reading Challenges