Reading Challenges Book Pickers

The LFF's Book Club. We read and discuss books nominated by members. Join in by asking to have your name added to the list of challenges. We encourage frank and open discussions and expressions of opinions. Any aspect of the books is fair game.

Moderators: FranW, ElaineB

Reading Challenges Book Pickers

Postby deej » 20 Mar 2010, 04:53

This is the thread where I list those who will be choosing the books for our reading challenge.

This is not exhaustive. I'll keep adding to it as we work through challenges. Please let me know if you'd like to volunteer and have your name added to the list. Your turn will come, so you might as well look noble about it.

I'll add dates* and titles and authors as they come. At first, I'll start off with my list of names. No weaselling out. No silly excuses about "but my tastes are so different that no one will like the books I choose". The whole point of the reading challenge is to challenge us to read outside our comfort zones. So, pick a book you have on your to-read pile. Or a book you've read and thought was great, and would like to share. Or nominate a book you read and thought was a bit odd and you'd like to see a range of responses to it and a chance to discuss it with others. Or, if you're Wildlx, you can pick a book to make us all suffer.

Book Pickers:

1) Wildlx Footnotes to Sex
2) Tanner The World Unseen
3) Proof Uncross My Heart by Andrews and Austin.
4) Sue Renegade by Cheyne Curry
5) Jess Gotta Find Me An Angel by Brenda Brooks
6) La Gringa Beggar of Love by Lee Lynch
7) HH James Fairfax by Jane Austen and Adam Campan (Norilana Books)
8) NurseJo
9) Deej Command of Silence by Paulette Callen
10) Elaine

*Dates: since we're flexible about the length of challenges and the gaps between, there's no way I'm attempting to put them in ahead of time.
Raise your hand if someone you know is alive today because you can't afford a hit man.
deej
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Return to Reading Challenges