New Book At Long Last

Author forum: L-J Baker

New Book At Long Last

Postby Baker » 15 Feb 2011, 11:30

Some of you may remember that I write books. Some of you may have forgotten because it's been a while since the last one came out. Well, I now have a signed contract, it has an ISBN, and I'm actually have the proofs to work on, so it is beginning to seem real.

Promises, Promises; A Romp with Plenty of Dykes, a Unicorn, an Ogre, an Oracle, a Quest , a Princess, and True Love with a Happily Ever After

by L-J Baker

It will be coming out with Lethe Press with an expected release date of March or April this year. Which, sadly, means I cannot try to push this as a Valentine's day pressie or a wee stocking stuffer in December. Maybe there is some lesbian festival that occurs around that time for which it is appropriate to buy a book for your loved ones. In fact, multiple copies of the same book.

Let's see if I can anticipate any questions with my pre-emptive FAQ.

1) Is this a sequel to Broken Wings (aka Shattered Appendages)?

Lovely of you to ask, but no.

2) Is this a sequel to Lady Knight?
Lovely of you to ask, but no.

3) Is this some high-brow rubbish that no sane person can read without a dictionary?

Nope. As the sub-title says, this is a romp. The idea is to make you laugh.

4) Have you finally written a murder-mystery?
Nope.

5) I hate reading dreary books. Is this going to make me feel miserable all day?
As it says, this has True Love and a HEA. So, if they make you miserable, stay far far away. :-)

6) Does it have lots of sex?

:blush: As if I scribble and tell! Read it and find out.

7) Does it involve time travelling?
Well, on occasion the time frame does some interesting things, but it's not what most people would call time travel. You'll see what I mean if you read it.

8) Is it lesbian?
Yup. That bit about "plenty of dykes" is a bit of a giveaway. Yet, not all characters are lesbians. And, confusingly--perhaps--not all the "good" women are lesbians.

9) Is it feminist?
Well, it has bits in it. But it might surprise you how painless it is to read. ;) Especially if you get to the bit about the misogynist hermit.

10) Is it that fantasy rubbish? Because I like escapist lesbo fiction, but not that crap that can't be true.

It's so true to life that it's practically a documentary. But entertaining and without the boring bits. And with a unicorn. And a dragon. And an ogre.

11) Are all the characters angsty, billionaires, fabulously gorgeous, and what-have-you.
Natch. Well, maybe not quite. Okay, not at all. They're working class, and one has bad acne.

So, more info, including links to where you can buy it for the Annual Lesbian Book-Buying Celebration Of Love Festival Day in March or April to come.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Re: New Book At Long Last

Postby deej » 15 Feb 2011, 12:28

Congrats Baker, well done. You've made my wife very happy. :-)
Raise your hand if someone you know is alive today because you can't afford a hit man.
deej
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby FranW » 15 Feb 2011, 13:17

But does anyone in it wear an Armani suit?
No on H8
FranW
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby PaulaO » 15 Feb 2011, 20:22

An ogre in an Armani suit? Hasn't that been done already?

Congrats, Baker. I look forward to reading it. Broken Wings is currently being read by some straight chick I know who was lamenting that there were not enough books about fairies and far too many about vampires.
Take a deep breath and count to zen.
PaulaO
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby wildlx » 15 Feb 2011, 21:40

Congrats!

So, why did you choose such a small title for the book ;-)?
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby ElaineB » 16 Feb 2011, 00:23

Y'all are so polite in your congrats, I'll forgo the huge type. Sweet! Can't wait! It'll make a great April Fool's Day present! ;)
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Nurse Jo » 16 Feb 2011, 08:36

Congrats Baker :-) .

The title and your explanation has made me laugh already, oh, and I have the perfect buying occasion for the end of March - my birthday. Susan, please read this thread and do what is necessary :) .
There is nothing the British like better than a bloke who comes from nowhere, makes it, and then gets clobbered. Melvyn Bragg
Nurse Jo
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Baker » 16 Feb 2011, 08:39

Thanks, all!

wildlx wrote:So, why did you choose such a small title for the book ;-)?

lol The publisher asked if he could add a subtitle. I didn't realise he was going to write enough to nearly qualify as a co-author. ;)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Postby Lt Sue » 16 Feb 2011, 18:23

Nurse Jo wrote:Susan, please read this thread and do what is necessary :) .

:-)

Well done Barker. Are there any cross-dressing cowboys?
A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.
Lt Sue
Enthusiatically participating
Enthusiatically participating

Postby Nurse Jo » 16 Feb 2011, 19:08

I think she means cross dressing cowgirls but I'm sure she's not averse to either boy or girl cross dressing. Cross dressing cowpersons would have covered it all lol .
There is nothing the British like better than a bloke who comes from nowhere, makes it, and then gets clobbered. Melvyn Bragg
Nurse Jo
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Next

Return to The Kiwi Nest