New Webpage

Author forum: L-J Baker

Re: New Webpage

Postby Sacchi » 14 Apr 2011, 12:21

Why not just link to Steve's own beefcakey fan page?
Sacchi
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby deej » 14 Apr 2011, 12:24

Ohhhhh great idea. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Raise your hand if someone you know is alive today because you can't afford a hit man.
deej
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby FranW » 14 Apr 2011, 12:27

Yeah, we want pics of Steve and Dault!
No on H8
FranW
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby stevelethe » 14 Apr 2011, 23:03

Dault does not like to share the camera with me. Says I bring out his bad side.
stevelethe
Not much sign of life yet
Not much sign of life yet

Postby FranW » 03 Jun 2011, 11:50

I guess it's a compliment if someone who isn't a lesfic reader likes your lesbian book. Especially if it's someone who seems geared more toward dark/thriller/horror type fantasy. And more especially if it's someone who reviews for a het-fantasy site that rates Tolkien as the top fantasy writer ever. But, still, it's a bit dispiriting to see a review that finishes with:
Though this novel is about two women in a relationship, the setting, emotions and theme of fantasy all seem realistic and enjoyable.

http://www.fantasybookreview.co.uk/blog ... ok-review/

(Unsurprisingly, a commenter on the review says she wants to see a sequel to Broken Wings....)
No on H8
FranW
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Baker » 03 Jun 2011, 13:20

Though this novel is about two women in a relationship, the setting, emotions and theme of fantasy all seem realistic and enjoyable.

The difference between tolerance and acceptance.

Fran wrote:(Unsurprisingly, a commenter on the review says she wants to see a sequel to Broken Wings....)

If I had a $1 for every time I'd heard that, my royalties would've looked pretty good. ;)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Postby ElaineB » 04 Jun 2011, 00:03

Given how poorly written that review is, I'm not sure that sentence can be taken literally.

Eight stars though! :-)
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Proofrdr » 09 Jun 2011, 00:12

Why do people want sequels? And ad infinitum, it seems. When I finish a book but continue to mull over its characters or themes, my immediate reaction is not to want a conclusion to all that. Having those lingering thoughts is part of the enjoyment of a good book. :dunno:
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby robynlietz » 09 Jun 2011, 01:53

Proofrdr: I do agree with you about sequels. They really are not as good as the originals. Most of the time they are a "let-down" even though, if you had read them as a stand alone (with the first chapter additions that would give you background) they would probably be great reads.

I do crave the sequels too though. If I really enjoyed the book I want to know what else happened to the characters.

When I am the reader, I don't think about the fact that the characters are not actually real. So a sequel seems like a great idea (as though the person's life is already in existence rather than the fact that the writer now has to make new stuff up.)
robynlietz
A little more activity
A little more activity

Previous

Return to The Kiwi Nest