New Webpage

Author forum: L-J Baker

New Webpage

Postby Baker » 11 Apr 2011, 12:14

I've finally made a new webpage. It's deliberately simple. My intention is for it to be quick to load, easy to read, and with sample chapters for those so inclined--but not anything extraneous for the impatient to have to wade through. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Baker's web page

I've tested it using Firefox and IE (this was built in to the MS Expressons Web 4 software. If it looks funky with any other browsers, please let me know.

NB: No annoying music. No annoying flash files. No multiple levels of pull-down menus.

Edited to add:
OMG! I've just been testing the links on my webpage and noticed that, at Smashwords, my tag cloud includes: happy ending.
lol Fran will love that.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Re: New Webpage

Postby deej » 12 Apr 2011, 00:08

Looks good here and I updated my webpage to include your link and it works. WooHoo!
Raise your hand if someone you know is alive today because you can't afford a hit man.
deej
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby ElaineB » 12 Apr 2011, 04:34

Very nice. :-)
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby wildlx » 13 Apr 2011, 09:13

Nice and simple. I think you have a problem with the lettering on the excerpt from Lady Knight, which is different from the lettering you use elsewhere. I did a View Page Source view and the text is full of garbage, probably from using Front Page.
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Baker » 13 Apr 2011, 13:06

Thanks all.

Yeah, Wild. I see the crap you mean. I ran it through an xhtml compatability test, and took a lot of shit out, but there's still shit in there. :-|
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Postby ElaineB » 14 Apr 2011, 00:57

Why does your stats counter just say 1? I've been there at least twice myself and everyone here's been there.
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby LynetteMae » 14 Apr 2011, 02:17

I just popped over and it says 5 now...

Nice, Baker! :cool:
LynetteMae
Lively participant
Lively participant

Postby deej » 14 Apr 2011, 03:36

I think she re-set the counter once she made the corrections to the page to make it more accurate. :-)
Raise your hand if someone you know is alive today because you can't afford a hit man.
deej
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby stevelethe » 14 Apr 2011, 04:48

But where's the Steve Berman fanpage element?
stevelethe
Not much sign of life yet
Not much sign of life yet

Postby Baker » 14 Apr 2011, 08:02

Well, Steve, as soon as you send me the photo of you poolside in the spangly posing pouch, I'll be ready to launch that page. ;)

Yeah, I was buggering around with counters yesterday, and managed to get it all wrong. First thing I have to fix this morning... Thanks for the feedback. :-)
Baker
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Kiwi Nest